Below is a list of the services the MS-FAST program offers to Mississippi small businesses and individuals interested in participating in the federally funded SBIR/STTR programs. These services are aimed at making the small business' proposal more competitive.
1. Information – Through workshops, e-newsletters, and one-on-one meetings, to make aware and inform Mississippi companies of the federal SBIR/STTR programs and the available research and development opportunities under these programs. This includes assistance in identifying solicitation topics.
2. Proposal development – Through one-on-one assistance, help better educate Mississippi companies in the federal SBIR/STTR program solicitation processes and proposal development process. This includes assistance in reviewing draft proposals.
3. Financial support – Through the MS-FAST Phase 0 program to Mississippi companies financial assistance in developing competitive Phase I proposals to the federal SBIR/STTR solicitations.
4. Technical resources – Assistance to help identify and provide access to university resources and faculty in support of SBIR/STTR proposals and projects. This includes faculty expertise and intellectual property holdings and the policy and procedures for accessing them in support of SBIR/STTR efforts.
5. Commercialization – One-on-one sessions and workshops to provide assistance helping commercialize new or improved products and or services developed under SBIR/STTR Phase I & II contracts and grants by Mississippi companies. This include Business Model Development and understanding Federal Contracting.
SBA's funding is not an endorsement of any products, opinions, or services. All SBA programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.